Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome Giselle!


We have officially added a new member to our family. HIS name is Giselle the Goldfish. (yes, I said HIS--go figure :) About a month ago we went to the pediatrician and there was a fish tank and Sierra just LOVED it. So we made a deal--she had to eat all her food, every meal, for 1 month. I know this sounds easy (or maybe hard) but Sierra has really had food issues since she was born. She just doesn't like to eat. Pretty much every meal I end up feeding her so she'll eat something.

Just a sidenote, last time we were at my parents house, she was throwing a fit about eating her lunch and she said, "Mom, when can I stop eating?" When I said,"Never!" She started crying that she was going to have to eat her food everyday for the rest of her life. P.S. She's not anorexic or anything, she just doesn't like to eat very much--but she does like to SNACK....hence, the making her eat her actual meals.

Anyway, so Sierra really did make a concerted effort to eat every meal for the whole month of February. And she did great. It was amazing that I didn't have to force her to eat. All I had to say was, "Do you still want your fish?" and she'd eat up. It's amazing what kids will do to get what they want--I'll have to remember that one for when she's a teenager :)

So last Monday for FHE we went to the pet store, picked out the bowl, the castle, the "rainbow" rocks and the pink bush. When we were picking out the fish, there were all these big goldfish with pretty fins and tails. But did she want one of those, no....she wanted the little squirrly one with chunks taken out of its fins and tail from the pretty goldfish.

She named it Giselle (because that's her favorite name...and movie...ENCHANTED) Another sidenote: she really, really wanted to name Kynlee, Giselle, but we had to exercise our parental veto power to told her that the baby liked the name Kynlee better. Anyway, she loves her pet and she loves feeding it and will sit and watch him eat and swim around for hours. She also thinks he might die if she doesn't check on him all the time, so first thing in the morning she runs into the kitchen to check on him. It's been fun and I just love that she tells him "You are soooo cutie!"

2 comments:

B and J said...

Good job on getting that picture big! I love it! What a cute story about her getting those fish. I think you should print out each little blog and make a book...maybe publish it...and sell it...hmmm jk...I think a little too much time with Gma :) Tell Sierra she looks pretty in that picture!

Anonymous said...

We loved your FHE lesson. I blogged about it, and everyone loved it! The fish thing seems like a good idea, and harmless enough, I just want to know... is Giselle still alive? :)! You always have the most fun ideas!
Jules

Ray's Financial Tip of the Month

The best invention of our time is compounding interest. Those that understand it--earn it. Those that don't--pay it.