Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Milestones.....:)

So, I had 3 random pictures that I wanted to post, but I couldn't figure out how to tie them all together...until now. They are all milestones in their own way. First, we had family pictures with Ray's parents and all the grandkids. Of course, they were almost all crying or not participating in some way. Amidst all the noise, I just took a second and remembered that when I first met Ray there was only one little grandaughter (Kaylee) who was 6 months old. And now there are seven grandchildren and Kaylee is 6 1/2. So long ago--yet just yesterday. Here's the picture:

Milestone #2: Our cute little Honda finally clicked over to 200,000 miles. Amazing. This is a milestone because how many people really actually see that happen? Not too many I would dare to venture.

Milestone #3: We are finishing our basement and it's finally all sheetrocked. All we have to do now is trim, priming and painting, carpet, cabinets, fixtures and countertops. I know, we are still a little ways away...but it's exciting. Again I thought about how we've gone from a tiny little apartment to a house with a yard and two kids and now a finished basement.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Yes! I'm so happy I found your blog. Things look great. I wish we were closer!

B and J said...

Great job on making it as far as you have :) Milestones are kind of weird because you don't really realize that they are milestones until after the fact...but cute pics!

Ray's Financial Tip of the Month

The best invention of our time is compounding interest. Those that understand it--earn it. Those that don't--pay it.