Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dance Class


I remember my first day of dance class at Val's Dance in Bluewater, NM. I was three. I had on a light blue leotard, white tights, and pink jelly shoes. Since that day, I've been to A LOT of dance classes and done A LOT of dancing. And I've loved every single second of it. I really didn't think anything could be more fun. UNTIL, I took Sierra to dance class.

To be fair, Sierra did do dance class last year. But it took her a good 3 or 4 months to actually stand on her 'X' by herself. (Guess who had to stand next to her and do all the moves? Yours truly!:) This year she couldn't wait to start dance. Every Wednesday, I'll bet she asks me about one hundred times if it's four o'clock yet. Now she is very good at standing on her 'X'. She practices her ballet positions and her splits every day. She loves to do the warm-up on my aerobics video "all by herself." Sometimes at dance I stand back and just watch her twirl; thinking to myself how much fun it is to watch her love something like I love it. Who knows? Maybe it does run in the genes!

4 comments:

B and J said...

She looks freakin' adorable...

Anonymous said...

Hey Tap! I love your story about "the box". I have had those moments before and it is pretty fun, and funny! I miss not getting to see you every week at dance! I was just telling that to Ryan the other day. We'll call you to hang out!
Jules

Dale and Christy said...

Hey, it is Christy Webster. I was so excited to get your cute Christmas card with your blog adress. Your girls are absolutely beautiful, (just like their mom). My blog adress is dcwebster.blogspot.com.
If you are ever down this way much anymore I would love to get together. So good to hear from you.

Marcy M Miller said...

I'm so glad that you guys have a blog. Your girls are getting so big and they are so cute. Are blog address is- zak-marcy.blogspot.com
Merry Christmas and Happy New YEar.

Ray's Financial Tip of the Month

The best invention of our time is compounding interest. Those that understand it--earn it. Those that don't--pay it.